Beacon Surveying Services Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data. We will respect any personal data you share with us and keep it safe. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Beacon Surveying Services Ltd may update this policy from time to time so please check it regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
1. What personal data we collect and the purposes for which we use it
We may collect the following information:
- name and your title
- postal address
- telephone number(s)
- email address
- records of your correspondence with us
- information you enter into our website
- other information relevant to customer surveys
2. How and why will we use this personal data?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send information which we feel may be of interest to you e.g., newsletters, updates & promotional emailsusing the email address which you have provided.
- Analyse and understand how people use our website and personalise our services and communications to you
- Notify you about changes to our services
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
3. How we keep your personal data safe
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
This website uses Google Analytics to help Analyse how users use the site. The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Beacon Surveying Services Limited.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
You may choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically default to accept them, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our website.
User’s Personal Information: Visitors to our website may be able to register to use our services. When you register, you will provide personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number or other relevant information. We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary, including: To fulfil your requests, to protect ourselves from liability, to comply with the terms and conditions of our internet host provider.
5. Links to external & social networking sites from the Website
Our website may offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about the Website (or services available through it) using third party social networking functionality (such as “share this”, “like” or “follow” buttons).
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in Our Website among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about the Website with your friends. However, you should be aware that sharing personal or non-personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider or result in that information being made publicly available, including through Internet search engines.
Related services and offerings linked to or from this website have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Since we do not have control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend you review their policies before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with them.
6. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You have a right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold about you. If you want to access your personal data, please send a description of the personal data you want to see and proof of your identity by post for the attention of : Data Controller, Beacon Surveying Services Ltd, G1, Ground Floor, 64-66 Akeman Street, Tring, Hertfordshire HP23 6AF.
- We also want to make sure your personal data is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your details change at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also ask us to correct or remove personal data which is inaccurate.
7. Data Retention
Beacon Surveying Services Ltd will only keep personal data for as long as there is a need to keep it in connection with the purposes for which it was collected. We may keep your personal data after a particular matter or exchange has concluded but purely for record keeping purposes and to be able to respond to queries.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, contractual or financial matters, or to enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
Whilst the specific time periods vary depending on the circumstances, in general we will not keep records that include personal data for more than 10 years after a particular matter or exchange has concluded. In the event that you ask us to stop sending you marketing communications, we will retain certain details, such as your name and email address, but only to ensure that you are not contacted again.
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have handled your personal data please contact us either by email at email@example.com or by post to: Data Controller, Beacon Surveying Services Ltd, G1, Ground Floor, 64-66 Akeman Street, Tring, Hertfordshire HP23 6AF.
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further information see the Information Commissioner’s guidance here: